3.30.2015

combo



If you don't know my Blythe, here are a few words I would use to describe her: spunky. conversational. kind hearted. thoughtful. and goofy.

Brent and I have been cracking up lately at what a combination she is of the two of us, though. I am thankful there is something internally calm and at peace about her, like Brent. I am thankful she is social, more like me. And Brent said, "Let's hope she never gets my nose!" [I love that man, his nose included, but I concur.]

The other day though we witnessed a thirty second span of time that showed us a few distinct parts of her personality that we could contribute to one or the other. Here is how the scene unfolded:

We pulled into my parents' driveway and were unloading the girls and all of their paraphernalia. We got Blythe out first and told her she could go to the door. She walked over to the steps while carrying her doll ["Kelsey Baby"], and abruptly stopped. She chuckled and said, "I can't do that!" and waited for us. Brent grabbed her free hand and she tried to step up and spun around in nearly a full circle, her hand in Brent's the axis point. "Woah!! I did a spinny step!!" And then she was on her way.

Brent and I looked at each other and just shook our heads.
The fact that she walked to the step, took one look at it, and wouldn't even try? Oh that's all me. Lazy. 
The fact that she waited patiently for someone to come help her? Brent. Total patience. 
The fact that she still couldn't manage to really take a step even with help? Ahem. Me again. Clumsy. 
The fact that she named the and laughed at the weird spin move? That has Brent all over it. He names different kisses he gives her ["The drive by." "The ambush."].

This little creature has our handprints all over her. It's crazy. And funny. Slightly scary.  We can't wait to see which traits Becks picks up. [And did you notice that all the BEST traits in this little scene were Brent's. Sigh.]

Blythe is a nut. And I'm afraid we only have to look in the mirror to see where she gets it.

post signature

No comments: