10.05.2011

A few things and a recipe! Yum

- Here is a little update for those of you wanting/needing it: I am feeling great, as far as my pregnancy goes. I'm at 15 weeks now, and starting to show a little bit. However, I woke up Sunday with a bad head cold, which has proven to be a real bummer. I think today I'm feeling a little better, but my nose just won't stop!!! Argh.

- For those of you that like to know where I'm at with teaching: My 8th graders just started "Tuesdays with Morrie," my sophomores are in the middle of their non-fiction unit, and my Juniors are wrapping up their early american lit. unit [puritan writings]. Things are still going well. [Oh and our football team WON the homecoming game! Hooray!]

- Softball: We are 11-10, I believe [I started to lose track]. I think this says a lot about the coach and girls I work with, as we started off really struggling, and now they have fought back to be above 500. We play our first game of districts tonight against our biggest nemesis.

- And now for the recipe: I discovered this on the back of a "Knorr Pasta Sides-chicken flavor" package and thought I'd give it a go. It is now a go to recipe of ours. It is super quick [especially when my lovely husband helps with the chopping] and delicious. Tons of flavor. And it is just as good, if not BETTER, on day two...and three! :) It makes a lot for two people. I added my additions/modifications in italics.

INGREDIENTS

1 package (7.5 oz.) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits I use butter flavored crescent rolls. Delicious. But I'm sure there would be more bread if you used the biscuits.
1 box (10 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed I like to chop my own fresh veggies. I usually use broccoli, carrots, red and green peppers, and onions. I don't like peas, but those would be good in this too I suppose if you're one of THOSE people. :)
1-1/2 cups water
1/2 cup milk
1 package Knorr® Pasta Sides™ - Chicken
2 cups cut-up cooked chicken or turkey When I want to be really quick, I use a can of chicken [cheating, I know] and it is really good in this.
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (about 6 oz.), divided Or more...if you're a cheese addict like me [but this is A LOT of cheese: )]
PREPARATION
  1. Preheat oven to 450°. Spray deep dish pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Pull biscuits apart and press on bottom and up sides of pie plate. Bake 8 minutes or until biscuits are golden; set aside. Decrease oven to 350°.
  2. Bring vegetables, water and milk to a boil in medium saucepan over high heat. Stir in Knorr® Pasta Sides™ Chicken Flavor and return to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook covered, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in chicken and 1 cup cheese.
  3. Spoon into prepared pie plate, If it is really runny at this point, usually letting it set a minute or two before pouring it into the plate helps... then sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake uncovered 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Also terrific with Knorr® Pasta Sides™ - Creamy Chicken.
I figure that, depending on how much chicken and your variety of veggies, the cost per recipe is about $8-10. That would mean that the cost per serving is less than 2 dollars!

No comments: