You know the song: When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad....Enter nuns and mountains and it really is a great song!
This weekend as I was getting ready for our date night (We went to a nice Italian restaurant and ordered something completely wrong--we split it-- that neither of us really liked...but still enjoyed ourselves), I was looking around our little apartment here and realized there are many things that 1) I just absolutely love or 2) Make my life a whole lot easier or a combination of both of those. I decided to compile a list of these items so when, as the song says the dog bites, I can return to this list and "not feel so bad!" :)
In no particular order:
1. Our apartment (which includes washer and dryer hookups)
2. My Yankee Macintosh candles, of course. 3. Bare Minerals makeup
4. Date nights with my husband. 5. Brent sleeping. 6. My rice bag.
7. The dishwasher.
8. Burt's Bee's lip shimmer chapstick 9. My bread machine.
10. This cookbook! (thanks Blythes....I use it a lot) 11. Finding notes around the house like this one on the mirror.
12. Our couch that was such a steal.
13. Old books -
-My old copy of The Grapes of Wrath that mom and dad gave me last year.
- The Unhappy Hippopotamus that I got when grandma Schoon moved out of her apartment! 14. These banana/peanut butter/ carrot muffins that I make quite a bit (a recipe I got from Carrie) 15. Our Britta water pitcher.
16. My awesome cookware (we had just had fajitas! yum!) 17. Our duvet cover
18. My "Katsma" hoody that says "Eagles Basketball" that Renae gave me (wearing it right now)
19. Our red table and chairs that grandma and grandpa refinished 20. Sharpie Pens 21. Dove (dark)chocolate...with messages on the wrappers 22. My new digital camera from Brent. 23. My plant that I've had since my Junior year of college- Renae and I named it "Regina Phalange" (And I'll stop at number 23). I'm sure there are many other things that I could add to this list, but there were so many things that I felt I take forgranted daily that I wanted to recognize here on my blog! :) What would be a few of your favorite things around the house if you had to list them?