3.04.2008

words that sing... huh?

When I first began this blog I shared a little bit from a piece I wrote about why I love words and writing. I only shared the first half and so today I thought I would share the rest:
I don't remember when the simple and complex sounds of words grabbed my attention, but when they did I could no longer neglect their beauty, their potential.
I love words on a page.
I love words turned to song.
I love the sounds, the looks, but mostly I love words on my tongue. I love turning them over and over in my mouth and pushing them from front to back and back again. I love feeling out the rounded vowels over the arch in my tongue, or kicking a hard consonant against my palet.
I love that if you love words you know what I mean-- that you know what it is like to dance through the alphabet and pour back into its source.

No comments: