12.30.2015

baby bump 3: week 24

[this is really me at the very end of 24/ beginning of 25 weeks] And if you want to know what I look like at the end of the holidays…





Dear Baby,

I cannot believe we're nearing the end of our second trimester. Sheesh! Where did the time go?! At the very beginning of this week we did our glucose test: I really don't mind the sugary drink I have to take, but the worst part for me was that I didn't drink my coffee before my appointment because I take my coffee with sugar. I didn't want to add any extra sugar to my system because my numbers have always been close. They said no news is good news, and I haven't heard back from them so I guess we passed! It was Christmas Eve when we had the test done, and she said they would be out of the office until Monday so I wouldn't hear until then anyway so I could eat whatever I wanted for Christmas. And did we ever!

We've been oh so busy-- here, there, and everywhere-- the last week. I kept forgetting to snap a picture, so that's why we got the tired looking one we did. But it has been fun to be around family. They are all so very excited about your upcoming debut, and couldn't help but pester us about your name and make guesses. Your dad and I held firm though and it will still be a surprise.

One funny thing from this week: your dad got fed up with our old box springs and one night just took our mattress off and put it on the floor. It is so much better [we don't roll to the middle and we've actually been sleeping!], but when I have to get up in the night to go to the bathroom getting up off of it is so difficult! You wouldn't think, at 24 weeks, it would already be so hard to do, but I told him we have about a week left of this before we have to get a new box springs and get that bed raised back up!

We got our first snowfall of the winter this week. I know some people really despise cold and snow, but I figure if it's going to be cold, I love the snow. The blanket of clean and quiet it puts over everything never loses its magic for me. I have bundled up your sisters several times to go traipse around in it, their little footprints disturbing the landscape, and I can't help but think about you joining in on their adventures. Will you be more like Blythe-- who seems to outlast everyone in her tolerance of the cold and wet and just keeps on playing-- or will you be more like Becks-- who hates to get dressed, but then has a little fun but doesn't last long? It will be awhile before we find out, but I love thinking about how you'll fit right into the mix somehow.

We love you, baby girl.

Love, Mom

Brent likes to capture these moments as well. How nice. 

No comments: