1.25.2012

blogWORLD: i got tagged

Fun fact: I had a nice long blog post written up and it didn't save/didn't publish it when I tried to publish it. Here is the condensed version.

For those of you that don't know, the blog world is vast...I mean, we're talking IMMENSE. The fact that there is even the word "blogosphere" in our lexicon should prove this fact. I like to read blogs of people I know, and occasionally creep on others of people I don't know. One of my favorite things is knowing who reads this here blog. Which means, if you are a frequent/semi-frequent reader you should go over to the right hand side and become a "follower". This will 1) let me know who is actually reading this 2) make it easier for you to know when I update and 3) not sign you in as "anonymous" when you leave comments [Mom and Dad!]. So you should do that for me, please...even if I don't know you!

So that being said, one thing that occasionally happens in the blog world is being "tagged" by other bloggers. For those of you not hip with social media lingo, this is a fancy form of the 'ole chain letters essentially. Well my friend from the Louisville area, Hannah @ cheery bees, "tagged" me on her blog in this little game. I miss her, and my husband misses her 'let's-hang-out-whilst-doing-something-active' husband. And now you guys get to learn some stuff about me...which may or may not be loads of fun. We'll see.

Apparently, before I'm allowed to begin, I'm supposed to share the rules:
1) I have to post these rules
2) I must post 11 things about myself on my blog
3) I have to answer the questions the tagger [i.e. Hannah] set for me in her post, and then create 11 new questions for the people I tag to answer
4) I have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post
5) Then I have to go to their page and tell them I linked them [I started to do this and then stopped. We'll see if the ones I tagged actually look at my blog].

whew! AND remember, I've already done ALL of this once. My answers may not be as good this time around. But without further adieu:


1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
[I knew I liked Hannah: Starting it off right with a food question] PASTA PASTA PASTA! Any shape, any sauce...plop that on my plate or in my bowl, heck, even directly into my mouth, and I'm a happy girl
2. If you had to choose between never brushing your hair again or never washing your face again, which would you choose?
[My college roommates are not allowed to comment on this one] I would choose never brushing my hair again. My hair is naturally curly, which means that it tends to POOF quite easily when it comes in contact with a brush. Don't believe me? Ask to see pictures from my childhood when my mom was in charge of the hair brush. I actually don't even own one now. Just a hair pick. And only that when it's wet. So if you're coming over to visit, make sure you pack your brush because I won't be able to help you!
3. If you had to live in one place for the rest of your life, where would it be?
I'm going to cheat and be vague and say anywhere that allows me to invest in the community around me and a community that invests in me and my family. [Which means I am quite content right where I am]
4. If you had the choice, and had to live in a different time period/era, which time period/era would you choose?
This is another great question but it makes me laugh because I sort of grew up in a different time period because of my dad. See HERE and HERE if you don't know what I'm talking about. That being said, I wouldn't choose the 1700s/revolutionary war time period. I would either choose the Victorian era, in which ladies dressed oh-so-smashingly in beautiful dresses and hats and poetry was booming, OR the late 1800s/early 1900s. I think there were a lot of exciting things happening at that time and I think it would be fantastic to teach in a one room school house [or at least give it a whirl!]
5. What do you wish you could have the will power to do that you just can't bring yourself to do now?
Wake up in the morning. Preferably early. And I'm not asking for anything crazy like 5. Just 6:30. To be able to get my dead and lethargic butt out of bed and not be miserable about it would be wonderful. And yes, I do realize this will have to change in roughly 2 months.
6. What super power would you like to have?
Quite honestly, I think waking up in the morning is a super power, but since I already used that one I will say fly. Which is cliche, but it would be pretty awesome. OR the super power of being able to merely TOUCH my students' assignments and automatically know what grade to write on the top. OR better yet, I'll take both because with the latter I would have much more available flying time.
7. Say you lost your hands and the only thing that could replace them were paws or hooves, which would you choose?
Hannah, do you teach 8th graders or something? I'm going to have to say hooves because I've always loved the way they sound on hard surfaces. So I'd have to rip up all my carpet...but definitely hooves.
8. You could only receive text messages or letters/cards (you know, the kind that come in the mail that the mail man brings to your house) for the
rest of your life, which would you choose?
This one is easy for me: LETTERS. Hands down. LETTERS. As a lover of words, you just don't get the beauty of the written language in a text message. They are convenient, yes, but I would much rather open up a real letter [I'd even take a post card!]. Brent and I, though we emailed one another daily while in college, still wrote letters to one another. And I'm so glad we did. And here is a weird little fact: Literally while I was typing this a new email popped up from my friend. He had sent me a link to here: http://boingboing.net/2012/01/24/mary-robinette-kowal-challenge.html and said, "Saw this and though of you…" It is about taking a challenge for the month of February to MAIL something everyday. :-) Clearly, I'm a letter person. And it takes a dern long time to text when you feel the need to insert commas and apostrophes correctly :)
9. If you could only wear one thing/outfit every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
THis one is tough. My first thought would be: sweats and tshirt. But this wouldn't allow for my vast array of shoes. SO on second thought: jeans and a black tshirt. I could dress up with proper bling and shoes, or dress down. Perfect.
10. Guilty pleasure?
You would ask me this while I'm pregnant [although, if I'm being honest, the answer wouldn't change]. Option 1: DOUBLE Stuf Oreos with WHOLE milk OR Option 2: [I've been doing this one since high school] melt together cheddar cheese and some sour cream in a bowl. Sometimes I dip chips in it, and sometimes…well…just pass me a spoon, please. :)
11. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Since I was about three I always said a teacher and a mom [and a grocery store worker, but we'll pretend I didn't say that]. Living the dream.

And this is where I make up 11 questions and tag some other people. Here we go.

1. If you could learn to do anything, what would you learn and why?
2. If you could paint a picture of a landscape/something from your memory perfectly, what would you choose and why?

And here I must interject: I am a teacher and therefore I am used to adding "and why" to the end of questions so my students learn to justify their answers. From here on, just assume the "and why" is added to the end of the question. :)

3. What is one career/occupation that you would NOT want to do/ or would not be suited for you?
4. What is something you keep extras of on hand at nearly all times in your home?
5. If you could BE a fictional character and live their story, who would it be?
6. What is the story that your family always tells about you?
7. If you were a flavor of ice cream, what flavor would you be?
8. What is your morning routine?
9. What were you doing the last time you had a really good laugh?
10. If you could make all of one kind of thing go away, what would it be?
11. What is one thing you think all High School students should be taught before they graduate? [This does not have to be related to a "core" subject]

And now for the tagging portion of this game. Please do not feel obligated to participate, I just thought it may be fun. OR shorten it down and only answer the 11 things but don't tag others [it will take less time]. If you are not "tagged" below but still want to be linked here, please just leave me a comment and I will add you to the list.

2. my sis, Kali @ Diary of an Oreo Lover
3. Meagan @ MWPhoto
7. Jared & Renae @ J & R's Journey
9. Amanda @ Teasingly Diverse
11. Trish @ Grand Central Sandbulte [I'm gonna get you bloggin' again, lady! :)]

Like I said, if you aren't linked and want to participate, just leave me a comment. :) Happy linking!

No comments: