my new vacuum
2 weeks ago my life changed forever.
Brent and I bought a vacuum when we first got married. It was a red Dirt Devil and it served us well for a time.
And then, one day in late December, I was vacuuming and then...nothing. It just stopped. It didn't make a weird noise or even smell like it was burning. Just...nothing.
Bummer. Lucky for me I live near my mom. She had recently bought a Dyson. Oh how I had always dreamed of using a Dyson to vacuum. So she lugged it over, and I smiled whilst finishing the vacuuming job. And we continued this back and forth with her new vacuum until this month.
This month I guess I had used her vacuum for too long...and Brent saw how fabulous it was. SO, when I got a 30% off coupon to Kohls off we went. And we bought our very own Dyson.
I have vacuumed approximately 100 times since we bought it. I can't get enough of it. I have never had a vacuum that SUCKS so much! Literally. Here are a few things I just can't get enough of:
1. It has a clear canister which is super easy to remove and empty when the job is finished. I love the clear canister because I can see just how much dirt I've picked up!
2. It has is one of those "ball" vacuums. Which means it turns on a dime! I can easily maneuver corners and get behind chairs etc. Awesome.
3. It just LOOKS COOL.
4. It is light. For a vacuum. I can easily carry it here and there and everywhere!
5. Previous vacuums I have had the pleasure of working with have had hoses and attachments that had a million different pieces and took 15 minutes to attach and get in an operable state. Not my Dyson! The hose is already a part of the vacuum and it is as easy as one two three to use :)
6. Most people don't have carpet in their kitchen, right? [Well, we did but have updated! Thank goodness!] Lucky for me I can still use my vacuum on our laminate floors. I just have to push a bottom and the magic vacuum switches from carpet to hard floors. Beautiful.
7. Did I mention it looks really cool?
8. It doesn't have filters. I mean...it has a filter that I can WASH and use indefinitely!
Besides dusting, vacuuming has been my least favorite part of cleaning. But now...oh NOW... I love it! I seriously have been at school and DAYDREAMED about going home to vacuum! After we purchased it I sent mom a picture. She text me back and said, "My cute grand-vacuum!" It really should be a part of the family.
So now I just need to find something to help me enjoy dusting because I enjoy the rest of the cleaning I have to do!