6.15.2009

Now I know my ABC's....time for vacation!

Last Thursday we packed our bags and headed for Gatlinburg, Tennessee. We went with our good friends, Shane and Meagan, and stayed through Sunday. It was a truly wonderful start to the summer. We stayed at a wonderful cabin in the mountains (pictures of cabin towards bottom), went hiking, grilled out, mini-golfed etc.

Instead of giving you a very boring play by play of what we did etc., here are some pictures. However, my battery died and I didn't get some pictures I wanted, but I still got quite a few.

During our hike:
Hebrews 12:1 "...Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

This is what Meagan and I did...and Brent and Shane explored.

The falls at the end of our hike


...the falls were nice and peaceful right? Well, we shared them with ALL these others!

Some views on our hike! Incredible.






Back at the cabin playing cards after being in the hot tub.




Yes, the grill was precariously placed against a WOODEN fence.

See the crane?

One of our 2 back porches where we ate.

Front of cabin.

View from deck

It was a beautiful cabin. This is above the living room...there is a loft bedroom to the right where Brent and I stayed.


It was an excellent trip and we had a ton of fun. We were sad to leave the mountains and our friends.

Sidenote: I made pizza last night, and I must say, I am getting pretty good at making pizza!

Also, today I worked at clearing and cleaning our desk area. I should have taken pictures during this process-- there was so much stuff shoved in corners and around the bottom! It felt good to de-clutter.
One problem we had was a pile of cords that we didn't really know where to put...so I made dividers for our cords in this plastic basket that now sits on our computer tower neatly stowing our cords until the next use. (Real simple?)


Hope you enjoyed the vacation pictures!

1 comment:

Lyricality said...

How Beautiful!! I'm glad y'all had fun :)