7.28.2015

Jesus Calling for Little Ones: a book review

I'm getting some great feedback from THIS post last week regarding community. I'd still love to hear your thoughts regarding this. I'm trying to really soak up the last bit of summer with the girls and family before softball starts, so blogging has been a little lax. Sorry. If anyone cares ;) 


I have been a long time fan of my Jesus Calling devotional by Sarah Young, so I was excited when I had the opportunity to snag this copy of Jesus Calling for Little Ones for the girls. 

The "devotions" in this book are very brief, and include a very short verse. Just like in the devotion for adults, this is written as if Jesus is speaking directly to the kids. An example: "I know your every thought, every feeling, every hope and dream." This is a little confusing, even for Blythe. I previously had purchased the Jesus Calling for Kids devotional for my older nieces, and my sister said the same about it confusing them. However, that book had a little more "meat" to it than this one does. And that's really the only disappointing thing about this book-- I just wish it had more. 

However, it is very durable-- a board book, the illustrations are cute, and the devotions/lessons for the girls are straight from scripture, which I love. I like reading it to Becks especially. We also have the Jesus Calling Storybook Bible, and I really like it a lot. I don't think you can go wrong with anything Sarah Young produces, but this one is definitely for little ones, and I was thinking it would be good for Blythe too. 

A copy of this book was provided for me by BookLook Bloggers, but all opinions are my own. :) 


post signature

No comments: