7.02.2016

Book Review: NIrV Kid's Quest Bible

My last BookLook Blogger book was this Kids Quest bible. I picked it to review, thinking it would be a great little gift to my 6 year old niece who just started reading. And she LOVED IT!
 
The colors and page layout are great, and it includes full bible text. Here is what the "book blurb" says about all the fun features: 

Over 500 questions and answers for kids •Book introductions help explain what each book of the Bible is about •A dictionary and subject guide help kids find what they’re looking for •Fresh, colorful design makes the Bible fun to look at and use •The complete NIrV translation, the steppingstone to the NIV!

Some of the questions were what I expected: "What will heaven be like?" "Why am I not supposed to lie?" but some of them were ones I would never think to ask like ones about the lottery and other subjects that kids are exposed to but may not know a lot about.

The things I liked the most about this bible were:
/Each question had at least one scripture reference to look up to help answer/discuss the question.
/The introductions to each book of the bible included great facts and context for the author of the book and other information that is needed to understand the Bible more.

My niece loved it, and I think it would be even better for kids slightly older than her.


No comments: