8.31.2010

things i currently like

In no particular order:

1. My softball team. The girls are great. And we are winning a lot, which is always a bonus. It's fun to be a part of a team again, and to be a part of competition...both are things I enjoy greatly, and missed greatly.

2. 1:22 pm to 2:16 pm. This is my planning period at school. I love it.

3. Buttered noodles. For those who know me, you know this will never leave the list of things I like.

4. This quote: "I want God to play in my bloodstream the way sunlight amuses itself on the water." [Elizabeth Gilbert] b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l.

5. My living room. It is becoming more and more complete and feels more and more like home. [I'll save the ceiling that is falling in due to air conditioner leakage in the mudroom for the "things I currently don't like" list]

6. My new car. Subaru Outback. LOVE it. I've wanted one of these for a long time. For those that may refer to it as a station wagon, I am sticking my tongue out at you.

7. Finally feeling like I have a professional wardrobe that lasts me for more than a week.

8. Cool nights.

9. DVR. Being able to record, stop, start, rewind, pause LIVE T.V. is the coolest invention ever. Standing ovation to the DVR inventors out there [I'm sure they don't read my blog, so if you know them, pass this along]

10. The hubs. He is awesome. And very patient with me in this time of utter chaos. What the heck...I'll give him a standing ovation too.

4 comments:

Aunt Linda said...

Good to hear from you again! I hear from your mom that your life is pretty hectic right now. Hang in there and take care of yourself. Even craziness can become routine! Love ya!

Kali said...

Okay, I know you're busy, but I had to find out about your new car on your blog? Really? Glad you got the Suburu though - very exciting!

MW Photo said...

seriously, how did we NOT talk about your new baby, Sir Subaru??? that is a pretty big deal, and should have been discussed. shucks, it looks like I need to call you again. :)

oh, and I'm jealous of your DVR. does that make me shallow/materialistic? .... well, I don't care because I want one too. :)

I'm glad you're enjoying MO. and in case I haven't said it enough - I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Joan said...

I love the living room, too, and at the top of my list the Irwin family that moving into Maysville, summer of '10.