1.21.2014

baby bump 2: week 24


Dear Baby,

I have a hard time believing you are already this big! But I know it's true because I am starting to feel you kick up in my ribs a bit, and then I'll feel something squirm clear down on the other side, and I know you must be stretching yourself out day by day. Speaking of your kicks, they are even more fierce now, and I am loving it! 

Your sister will be moving out of your room, the nursery, very soon. This weekend you tagged along as I started to work on Blythe's big girl room, trying to vacate the other space for you. Though I'm leaving the nursery mainly the same, I plan on adding some little touches just for YOU and you alone. I'm starting to dream of laying you down in that crib-- the same crib your nana laid me in when I was a baby-- and I get even more excited about meeting you and learning all about you. 


she loves loving you

I had a dream this week about your delivery. It was really silly: Your dad brought me to the hospital because it was time, but they told me there wasn't any room inside, so they moved a bed out to the parking lot for me. And that is where I delivered you! From that point on your dad took you into his arms and I hardly got to see you, because he didn't want to share [this is probably fairly accurate]. I think that maybe this means I am nervous you will come too quickly, and that we will barely make it to the hospital in time and I will deliver you in the parking lot for real! Let's hope not! 

As crazy as the dream was, it really got me thinking about you even more: your arrival, your appearance…all the unknowns in our future. And I know even more know that I am so, so very excited to meet you and greet you [I guess even if it does occur in a parking lot!]. I love you so much. Happy end of the second trimester! 

Love, Mom


some extras from the "photo session"



this is what she does when we say "focus" 

post signature

No comments: